Sedgwick County...working for you


      Marc Bennett

      Marc Bennett
      District Attorney

      p. 316.660-3600
      toll free. 800.432.6878

      535 N. Main
      Wichita, KS 67203

Juvenile Division Frequently Asked Questions

When is the Juvenile Diversion program open for business?

The District Attorney's Office is open between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm

Where is the Juvenile Diversion program located?

The Juvenile Diversion program is located at the District Attorney's Office - Juvenile Division located at 1900 E. Morris.  You will enter through the Juvenile Court entrance.

How do I contact the Juvenile Diversion Department?

The Diversion number is (316) 660-9777

How much does it cost to apply for Diversion?

  • A non refundable $25.00 application processing is required with the application
  • An additional $21.00 Urinalysis (UA) fee is required for Alcohol/Drug related charges ONLY.

Payments must be in the form of a money order or cashier's check.  The District Attorney's Office will not accept cash, personal checks, credit cards or debit cards.

Where do I take my UA?

If you are directed to submit a UA, you will go to Affiliated Medical Services (AMS) located at 2916 E. Central

How do I apply for the Juvenile Diversion program?

  • To apply for the Diversion program you  must first go to court
  • Applications are due within 24 hours of your initial court appearance
  • Verification of legal guardianship is required if the applicant's (juvenile offender) guardian is someone other then a parent and the applicant is younger than eighteen years

What do I need to bring with the application?

You will need to include the following with the Diversion application:

  • Money Order/Cashier's Check
  • Release forms for all previous mental health or substance abuse treatment including DCCCA and SRS
  • Verification of legal guardianship if the applicant's (juvenile offender's) guardian is someone other than a parent and the applicant is younger than eighteen years

What happens after I apply?

  • A background check will be conducted to determine eligibility
  • You will be notified by mail of interview appointment or denial of Diversion

Who needs to attend the interview?

A parent or guardian is required to attend the interview with the applicant (juvenile offender) if the applicant is younger than eighteen years

Should my attorney attend the interview with my?

No, your attorney may not be present during the interview

What if I am denied Diversion?

  • Your attorney may submit a letter of request to the District Attorney's Office explaining why you should be reconsidered for Diversion
  • Go to court on your next scheduled court appearance

Sedgwick County...working for you

Mission: To assure quality public services that provide for the present and future well-being of the citizens of Sedgwick County.