Sedgwick County...working for you

Animal Control

City of Wichita Residents

If you live in the City of Wichita, you will need to contact Wichita Animal Control at 316-350-3360.

Dog licenses

Owners of dogs must obtain a license from Sedgwick County if the owner resides in the unincorporated areas of Sedgwick County. Otherwise, licenses must be obtained from the owner’s municipality. Ask your veterinarian for help obtaining a license or you can follow the steps below.

Obtaining a License:

  1. Visit Sedgwick County Animal Control at 1015 Stillwell in Wichita and fill out the license form – call 660-7070 to schedule an appointment.
  2. Write down your dog’s vaccination tag number from the metallic tag and bring it with you.
  3. Bring the vaccination certificate from your vet.
  4. Bring the appropriate license fee payment - $12 for a spayed or neutered dog and $22 for a non-spayed or non-neutered dog. Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted.
  5. Be prepared to provide your name, address and phone number.
  6. Be prepared to sign a statement that the dog has never previously been determined to be a dangerous or vicious animal.

Report an Animal Issue

Call 660-7070 to report an issue involving animals in the unincorporated areas of Sedgwick County and these cities:
  • Andale
  • Bel Aire
  • Bentley
  • Cheney
  • Clearwater
  • Garden Plain
  • Kechi
  • Haysville
  • Valley Center
  • Viola